Four-hour sessions, extendible at the request of the client
We provide various activities of environmental education, both for adults and children. We adapt to the request of the client (educational centers, schools, associations,…). We can speak in both Basque and Spanish. The topic can be chosen on demand, provided it is related to nature:
- Workshop of footprints and traces.
- Workshop of construction of nest boxes and bird feeders.
- Course of initiation to ornithology.
- Course of introduction to the identification of birdsongs.
- Training in bird censuses methodology (citizen science).
- Talks about the cultural heritage related to nature (indigenous names, rural culture …).
- Children’s workshops in schools.
It is a hide with capacity for four people (in case of photographers it is recommended 3). Built in an oak grove at 800 meters altitude. Located to the north, it is spacious and has a large spy glass that facilitates the observation of nature. Some of the birds coming to the hide are: middle spotted woodpecker, green woodpecker, nuthatck, great spotted woodpecker, marsh tit, bullfinch, jay, dunnock . The hide is surrounded by several feeders and perchs. There is also a water dispenser where the birds come to drink and bath. The use of a photo lens between 300 and 500 millimeters is recommended.
Our goal is to promote learning and knowledge of our natural environment, developing such learning through visits and walks in various ecosystems in Alava.
In our interpretive routes we show the fauna, the flora, the climate, the use of the natural resources and the local cultural heritage related to nature.
After a lifetime walking in the countryside, reading books and guides, and also asking our elders, we try to transmit that baggage on our guided tours.
We have very different routes in terms of duration and difficulty and we adapt to the preferences and interests of our visitors. We offer tours in both Basque and Spanish.
We offer gift tickets for personalized experiences in nature. Ask us options and rates.
Within our activities, the works developed in favor of biodiversity and species conservation occupy a prominent place. We will be happy to collaborate with any type of project that is related to censuses, inventories or species recovery projects.
In addition to the citizen science activities that we usually carry out voluntarily, we have participated in the following projects of monitoring and conservation of species:
- Spring (SACRE) and winter (SACIN) censuses for SEO Birdlife, monitoring common nesting and wintering birds in rural areas and urban areas.
- Specific censuses of various birds, such as the scops owl, the eagle owl, harriers, etc.
- Monitoring of wildlife in land custody agreements.
- Monitoring of amphibian populations in various water rafts.